Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm a Lucky Man

For 16+ years I shared a bedroom with Brian. It was more than just a room. It was our place. Two brothers doing what brothers do. Baseball cards, matchbox cars, Casey Kasem and the Sunday Top 40. Setting up a "fort" to barrage our sister with paper airplanes or rubber bands. Jamming Cheap Trick and The Beatles on the turntable. Playing on Sunday mornings until 8:15 so we could move in to the rest of the house. Never making fun of me for having the closet light on. Sleeping closer to the door (because the kidnappers would get him first).

As a kid, nobody could have had a better best friend. Adult too.

I'm sorry I spit in your mouth. (actually I can't believe you thought it would just hang there)

Don't worry Brian, Dad will turn off our radio when he goes to bed.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment