Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Gifts

I think Brian understood the true meaning of Christmas. We all get caught up in the material aspect of the holiday. Brian had a way of making his niece and nephews feel special. Our daughter Emily was born on 12/7/01. For Christmas that year he gave her a song. Framed the sheet music with a nice yellow background that matched her room. He played the song on my Parent's piano when we all got together. A few years later when he was at Ballet Met he got her (and us) Nutcracker tickets and took us to the show. That little 3 year old girl was queen for the day in her "pretty dress" and "shiney shoes".

That was Uncle Brian. He introduced the arts to the kids in his life and they responded.

We saw good friends of ours this past weekend. Their daughter was Gladys Herndan in "The Best Christmas Pagent Ever" in Marysville. Emily loved the show and the boys had a great time as well. I think Brian would smile at that.

Three years ago we moved and brought the framed music with us. Emily wanted her new room purple so that was the color! I asked Brian at that time if it would be OK to change the background of the picture to fit the new room. He of course said it was OK. I never got around to it.

I'm not changing it now. I think it looks OK just the way it is. The way he made it. It's on our piano's music stand.

Merry Christmas to all who read this Blog. Thank you for all your love and support over these past few months.

Mike

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking today how much I was going to miss getting our Christmas CD this year...

    ReplyDelete